Home. About Us. Booking Form. Community Chest. Village News.

Welcome to

‘The Old School’  

Barnby Dun Community Association

Top Road, Barnby Dun


In 1871 "The Old School” was built at a cost of £185 from money raised and donated from parishioners by Reverend John Duffin.

In 1904 it was stressed that the school was too small.

In 1994 after a wonderful life the school was closed and allowed to go derelict.In July 2005   a team of volunteers  formed a committee and with aid of various grants managed to save the old school and in it was re-opened as a self financing community project known as :-

Barnby Dun Community Association

The Barnby Dun Community Association is a self funding organization, and a registered charity, leasing Barnby Dun’s Old School Building and Caretakers house, and with the assistance from local authorities, voluntary and other organizations namely D.M.P.C., Yorkshire Forward, YRCC., DEFRA, Dept of Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, E.E.C. to advance education and to provide facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreational and leisure-time occupations for the community of Barnby Dun and surrounding district

Committee Members

John Berriman  (Chairman, Secretary & Trustee ),    Alan Hudson  (Treasurer),  Trudy Collingwood  (Bookings Coordinator)

Elizabeth Flinders (Minutes Secretary} , Tim Cutts  (Trustee )                

Les Flinders ,  Alan Collingwood,    Pauline Butler,   Terina Cutts.      

Webmaster 141daveatkinson@gmail.com